We use our market-leading position and unique insight to implement our strategy and deliver shareholder returns
- UK's largest owner, developer and manager of prime shopping centres
- only UK nationwide shopping centre brand
- providing in centre and online customer experience
- talented, motivated and empowered employees focused on delivering exceptional customer experience
- robust capital structure with access to a wide range of funding sources
- pure play focused shopping centre owner
- dynamic operator at the forefront of an evolving retail environment, understanding the multichannel requirements of retailers
- unique insight into customer trends and demands for the perfect shopping and leisure experience
- connecting retailer requirements with customer demands to deliver compelling shopping experiences
- combining our scale, expertise and insight
- creating compelling experiences for our customers
- helping retailers flourish
- long-term total property returns from our prime properties, an attractive asset class
- strong, stable income streams from long-term lease structures
- development potential and capital appreciation
- a responsible and sustainable business that contributes to our communities
Our strong investment case and business model show how we add value and deliver shareholder returns. We have a clear set of strategic objectives to ensure we deliver against our business model using our key performance indicators to measure the achievements.
Watch our business model animation to find out what we do and how we do it...
Our strategy in action
Annual results 2016
We made considerable progress in 2016 on our strategic priorities
We have a unique position in the market as the owner of many of the UK’s most popular retail and leisure destinations
We're the UK’s only nationwide shopping centre brand. Along with a robust capital structure and access to a wide range of funding sources, and not forgetting our talented, motivated and empowered employees, focused on delivering exceptional service we lead the industry in providing compelling in centre and online shopping experiences
We provide unique insight into customer trends and demands for the perfect shopping and leisure experience
Our business has a sole focus on shopping centres. As a dynamic operator at the forefront of an evolving retail environment, we're in the best position to understand the multichannel requirements retailers need in order to flourish in today's and tomorrow's world.
Our innovative and creative approach means we're agile enough to support them all the way. And using our access to consumer insight into the latest trends, we can connect retailer requirements with customer demands to deliver compelling shopping experiences.
Our prime shopping centres are attractive assets that deliver long-term total property returns. We're also able to develop strong, stable income streams from long-term lease structures and benefit from development potential and capital appreciation, which all deliver value for our investors.
This combination of our portfolio of assets, scale, expertise and insight to create compelling experiences for our customers which helps our retailers flourish and creates on-going demand for our centres.
Shopping centres have evolved from their early beginnings to encompass retail, leisure, entertainment and dining, becoming a central hub for their wider location and a ‘day-out’ destination. This evolution has also created strong emotional bonds between shopping centres and the customers who visit them. It was these bonds and the drivers behind individual shopper missions which intu has addressed in a unique piece of customer research